This 30 inch wide vanity was built for the house we are flipping. We wanted something simple with clean lines and a lower drawer. The cabinet is made from pre-primed Purebond plywood and the drawer box is from pre-finished Purebond plywood for that beautiful factory finish. I love working with this stuff because it not only looks great but it makes me feel better knowing that it’s formaldehyde-free and all sourced and manufactured in North America.
The granite was sourced from a local granite yard where they had some remnants laying around. They were able to cut and polish the edges and sink hole. They also installed the Ovalyn Sink from American Standard which has a really cool shallow bowl leaving as much space as possible in the vanity below. Then they came and installed the countertop after the vanity was secured. Finally, we had our plumber run all the plumbing and connect the sink and faucet. This is something we could have done but he was already doing all the plumbing for the entire house so we let him finish it off.
If you are not familiar with the house we are flipping then make sure you check out the Our First Flip section of the site for all the projects we’ve been working on related to it. This vanity is one of the many that will be coming out in the coming weeks.
Don’t forget to subscribe on YouTube and for sneak peeks of our upcoming projects be sure to check out Our DIY Life on YouTube, follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Also, follow me on Pinterest to get tons of projects plans from all around the web!
- Qty 1 – 3/4” x 2’ x 8’ Pre-finished Maple Plywood
- Qty 1 – 3/4” x 2’ x 8’ Pre-primed Poplar Plywood
- Qty 1 – 1/4” x 2’ x 2′ Pre-primed Poplar Plywood
- Qty 4 – 2 x 2 x 8’ Poplar Boards
- Qty 2 – 1 x 3 x 8’ Poplar Boards
- 2-1/2″ Kreg Pocket Screws (Coarse)
- 1-1/4″ Kreg Pocket Screws (Coarse)
- 1-1/4″ Brad Nails
- Wood Glue
- Liberty 20 in. Soft Close Full Extension Drawer Slide (1-Pair)
- Qty 2 – Liberty 90-Degree Surface Mount Hidden Spring Hinge (1-Pair)
- Qty 2 – Liberty Taryn Knobs
- Liberty Taryn Pull
..beyond the Vanity
- Granite Remnant fabricated and installed by local granite yard
- American Standard Ovalyn Universal Access Undercounter Sink, White
- American Standard Portsmouth Widespread Bathroom Sink Faucet with High-Arc Spout, Satin Nickel
- American Standard Traditional Toilet Paper Holder
- American Standard Traditional Towel Ring
- American Standard ActiClean Right Height Elongated Complete Toilet, White
Disclosure: The links provided in the “materials” and “required tools” sections are affiliate links. If you would like to support our site and help keep our content free come find out more about how we can make money with no extra cost to you. We have also received some of the products mentioned at no cost.
How to build a 30in Bathroom Vanity
If you decide to take on this project I highly recommend you download the printable PDF below to have with you during the build. To do so just click the button below and subscribe to get weekly updates. In return I’ll instantly email you the PDF for free! It’s a win-win.
I made these shaker doors on the table saw which is totally doable but I have had better success with the router bit set and router table.
I opted for a solid drawer front since I already had some scrap poplar that would work
This jig from Kreg tool really makes installing drawer pulls painless. I highly recommend it if you see many in your future.
As always, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to comment below and especially don’t forget to post pictures of your finished products in the comments! ENJOY!